Post Doctoral position (80%) at the University of Neuchâtel
This post is based at the new Cognitive Science Centre at the historic University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland. The post itself is under the supervision of Prof. Fabrice Clément, and is part of and financed by the NCCR Affective Sciences. The general project is on the emotion of interest, and in particular, how this emotion is expressed and recognized.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small dynamic team within one of the largest multi-disciplinary centres for the study of affective science in the world. While the successful applicant will initially be required to carry out specific research tasks, there is great scope for collaboration and for the successful candidate to find their own direction thereafter.
- Will to collaborate on the project, particularly in evaluating how very young children can detect interest, as an expressed emotion. The research involves eye-tracking (SMI) and good software abilities.
- The successful applicant will have a doctorate in neuroscience, psychology, cognitive science or equivalent and have a proven track record in research with excellent experience in eye-tracking and programming (e.g. Matlab, Python, E-prime…) as well as a very good knowledge of statistics (e.g. SPSS, R...).
- A very good standard of English is necessary. While it is an advantage to be able to speak French, this is not required.
Start date: 1st November (negotiable to 1st February 2014 at the latest)
Length of contract: 12 months, possibility to extend it for at least another year.
Salary: standard salary table for the University of Neuchâtel
Candidate file :
Applicants are kindly requested to send (all in PDF files):
- A Curriculum Vitae (including a list of publications, if applicable)
- Names of two academic referees
- A letter of recommendation
- A letter of motivation
Deadline and contact :
Applications have to be sent before the 20th October 2013.
For further information or in order to apply, please contact:
Professor Fabrice Clément : Fabrice.Clement@unine.ch
Opening of an Associate Professor position in neuroeconomics with a particular emphasis on the role of emotions in economic and financial decision-making
The candidate will bridge research links between the Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences where his or her position will be located and the research centers of the University of Geneva that focus
- on finance: Geneva Finance Research Institute: http://www.gfri.ch
- on affective sciences: Swiss Center for Affective Sciences: http://www.affective-sciences.org
- and on neurosciences: Geneva Neuroscience Center: http://neurocenter.unige.ch
Interested candidates are invited to apply via the website address https://jobs.icams.unige.ch
The deadline to submit an application is the 15th of October 2013.